Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Package & Deployment: Include folders 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rturney

Mechanical
Feb 8, 2005
US
Is it possible to include a Folder in the setup package created by the VB6 Package and Deployment Wizard? It allows you to include files but I can't find a way to include some support folders that my program needs. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rturney,

I believe it will be under the option of dependency files
next ..perhaps new folder ..next..add and then browser pops open to add additional files

Not sure if if actually creates the folder as you want it ... you may need to add a script for that

It seems that setting up Dependencies only allows files and not folders. Maybe a script is the answer --- the question is how would I incorporate a script and what would it look like to add a folder to the setup? I'll post this question at the MS site that you suggested, but any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

There would alway be create a exe or bat file called
setup/install..whatever the name of your app is

and let it create the folders needed and move the support files to there..

include a little readme.txt for the user

Sorry I don't have much input on this, most of the exe I make are pretty much stand-alone and no additional componets outside the normal vb runfile

Try this:

- Create your basic package
- Add the files/folders into the Support folder
- Update the file "Setup.Lst" to include the files that you are interested in with their target folder.
- Run the "*.bat" file in the Support folder to re-build the deployment package based on the new settings.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back