Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pad function does not always work. Help. Beginner question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonix

Military
Jan 27, 2007
US

There is one thing that is baffling me.

When I do a sketch and then exit the Sketcher and then select 'pad,' sometimes the pad does not form. The sketch
disappears, and the 'pad definition' box has "NO SELECTION' under the profile-surface selection. If I go to try to reselect the sketch, it does not allow it. If I hit CANCEL on the pad-definition popup, the sketch reappears.

Most of the time it all works. It is as if something about the sketch is incompatible about turning into a pad. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Whatever your problem is, I'm sure it's something very simple. But without looking over your shoulder, it's kinda hard to guess what's causing this.

Try this:

Before you click on the Pad icon, right-click the PartBody item in the tree and then select "define in Work Object" (this will cause the PartBody to be underlined) Now try to make your Pad

make sure you have a valid profile in your sketch.

while in sketcher use the check Tools / Sketch Analysis in order to have a nice sketch. This should help.

You can also have a training...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Without knowing more about your problem, might I suggest using the Sketch Analysis tool while in sketcher to evaluate your sketch for problems before exiting the sketcher. This is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back