Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page setup and offset in microstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

copernic

Civil/Environmental
Nov 11, 2010
CA
Friends,

I am new to microstation but kind of families with AutoCad. I ran into these question:

1- when we start a new project, How can we set page size? I mean size of page that we are drawing

2-Is there any command like AutoCad offset in microstation?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

copernic,
Question 1: You can set it up like AutoCAD using Sheet Models. Go to the File pull down and open the Models dialog. Create a new Sheet model and set the properties. Then you should feel at home. However I would not recommend scaling your references down to fit in the border. MicroStation does not have view ports. So it is better to scale your border up to encompass the entire plotting area. Then at plot time the sheet is scaled down to fit the paper size.

If you have a complete install of MicroStation there should be example projects in the Workspace folder for different disciplines. There you will find examples on how to put a plot sheet together in MicroStation.

Question 2: The equivalent command to AutoCAD Offset is MicroStation Move/Copy Parellel found in the Manipulate toolbar.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back