Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Paper size changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skulstad

Geotechnical
Jul 23, 2002
US
To make a long story short, this is the second time I've had problems with the actual papersize (plotted) changing. I'm actually getting an additional 0.5-inch of margin on a sheet that is plotted. So that when I plot a 24"x36" sheet on a 24" roll my sheet plots as a 24"x 37" sheet. This has only happened on my computer and this is the second time. the first time this problem occured it was resolved with a fresh installation of CAD. Any help would be great. Below are the known facts.

1. This has only happened with my computer
2. have not installed any new software/drivers NOTHING!
3. Plotter is HP 1050c
4. Using AutoCAD 2000
5. Getting an additional 0.5-inch margin (total of 1" extra sheet length)
6. This is the second time to it's happened
7. Plotter settings are correct - even defaults restored!!
8. I'm at the end of my wits!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How do you control the plotting? Did you go through the PLOTTER MANAGER or are you using the Windows system printer settings (basically means that you did not use plotter manager in AutoCAD)?

Did you check the limits in layout before you plotted? I always make sure that my limits match my borders before plotting.I set my limits when I am in layout and w/ the status bar on paper.

Sorry for the delay in my response I've been out of town.

borgunit: I've been using the PLOTTER MANAGER.

CADQUEEN: I have checked the pc3 file(s) and have verified that there are NO margins indicated (0.0").

chicopee: I did try the limits. It turns out that I resorted to plotting the extents and centering for this particular project. This, however, does not effect the results.

New Notes: I've tried adding custom paper sizes and using them but that does not work. I've re-added the printer and that doesn't seem to work either. My next step will involve removing the drivers for that plotter and reinstalling them. Any other suggestions? I'll keep all of you posted. Thanks!

Hi skulstad,
try the driver HP 750c
Lothar

Win NT4.0 (SP6),
ACAD 2000i (SP2), ADT 3.0 (SP3),
ACAD 2002, ADT 3.3,
OCÈ 5200

We have had this problem as well. Check to see that your paper size is correct in the plot dialog box. On our setup there is a 24 x 36 (oversize) paper option. If you choose this paper size by mistake the paper will print out larger than the standard paper size. This may explain why you are having problems.

Hope this helps.

I would say this, the extra margin may be due to not selecting the proper paper size when you do a page set up.
Remember you have ANSI, ARCH, AMERICAN, OVERSIZE etc... when you select the paper.
Another thing that I do is I most of the time w/ limits not w/ extend or display, 1:1 scale and center drawing and I properly scale drawing in MS to titleblock in PS. I also set my limits as I indicated previously. The exception if I window a part of drawing when I plot. I also do a full preview and a partial preview to see how my drawing limits fits on paper selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back