Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parabolic antenna manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgler

Electrical
Dec 10, 2003
US
Does anyone know a source for parabolic antennas. To be used on an outdoor test range, high wind areas.

I found Andrew and MITechnologies. Haven't asked MITech yet, but Andrew won't sell the reflectors without buying the feeds, we'd like to purchase reflectors only. Any hint if Andrew makes their own or buys from somebody.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Our size and frequency range is 1-18 ghz, at 30 feet down to 6 feet diameter (respectively for the bands as they change from 1 to 18 ghz).

thanks,
kch

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Old C-band TVRO dishes are often free for the asking. 6-12 feet, designed for 4GHz. And I've seen Ku-band (11-12 GHz) satellite TV dishes as big as 6 feet well under $1k (brand new).

Thanks,
Just realize that all the TV stations have a large dish to satellite and a friend has purchased one awhile ago for his Direct TV work.

kch

What about Bogner?

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

I googled bogner, didn't find a website featuring a company product of parabolic antennas. If you know of a bogner antenna company with a website, I'd be interested in it.

thanks,

kch

I didn't immediately see Bogner's website, so I wonder if they are around... Richard Bogner, the founder, had a few patents related to some unique designs, if memory serves. I'm pretty sure they carried parabolics, though it has been quite a few years since I was in the telecomm industry. I think Bogner was big in the MMDS arena.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Query Scala Antenna They make a very good ant. up to 1.8 gig. Cal amps make some stuff up to the 5.8 gig for point to point wireless. Premier wireless sells their stuff. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back