Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Park brake latch - push to latch - push again to unlatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlausMikalson

Bioengineer
Aug 10, 2020
GR
Hello all. I believe this is my first post here.

I have been trying to find a schematic or drawing showing
how the latching mechanism works in a foot actuated parking brake
that does not have a separate release lever or handle.
It is the type in which you press the main pedal once to latch and press it again to unlatch.

I have tried a Google search and Google image search with no luck. I am not even sure of
the correct name for this type of latch. On/off park brake latch, cam latch, auto latch ??

I found the following vehicle use this type of foot brake pedal and latch set up.
2000 Chevy C1500
2007 Toyota Camry SE
2004 Mitsubish Endeaver

I am sure there are many more.

If I don't have any luck with finding a drawing or an example of this type of mechanism I plan to find one from a vehicle and take it apart.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello all. I believe this is my first post here. I have been trying to find a schematic or drawing showing how the latching mechanism works in a foot actuated parking brake that does not have a separate release lever or handle. It is the type in which you press the main pedal once to latch and press it again to unlatch. I have tried a Google search and Google image search with no luck. I am not even sure of the correct name for this type of latch. On/off park brake latch said:
https://snaptube.cam/[/URL] I found the following vehicle use this type of foot brake pedal and latch set up.
2000 Chevy C1500
2007 Toyota Camry SE
2004 Mitsubish Endeaver

I am sure there are many more.

If I don't have any luck with finding a drawing or an example of this type of mechanism I plan to find one from a vehicle and take it apart.

Thanks.]

I got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back