Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parobolic Antenna 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred1227

Electrical
Sep 9, 2002
US
Is it possible to build or buy one Ku band parobolic antenna with four LNB's to receive TV signals from Satellites located at 91, 101, 110, and 119 degrees? Is this beam width(28 degrees) to wide for one Parobolic Antenna to receive a good signal on each of the four LNB's ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

DirecTV has a dish that has three LNB's for 101, 110, and 119. I have heard and seen pictures of people taping another LNB on the appropriate side to pick up 91. They say it works great, but i have never seen it work (nor have i ever seen it.)

Somewhere I have seen a picture of a large commercial curved dish (for use by Cable TV ground stations) that was designed to replace many individual circular dishes. The focal points contained numerous LNBFs that received signals from the various orbital slots. The idea is that one elongated curved dish can cover most of the orbital belt and is cheaper than a dozen individual circular dishes.

I can't find the link right now. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back