Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

part attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

durcan

Mechanical
May 21, 2003
IE
is there any way of linking attrributes of a part to the title block?
mdt5

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Durcan,
Go in drawing (layout), right click in drawing tree, where you'll find out the Part List command. You need just to insert the BOM in your title block...
Attribute settings in BOM data base => Properties

Ady

i was looking about a single part, when u give a part a attribute, like material, can you make this attribute appear in the title block of the part its self?

Once again, I'm working with MDT6 and I don't know if it works the same for MDT5.

You can customize the part list in the mechanical options if you go in Bom Support then you can add every properties you want to have on your part then you click ok to return to the mechanical properties and then you go in Part list and you ajust the columns to display. After all this, you can go to your part in your model and fill the properties you have just entered.

I know that my explanations are not crystal clear but I hope it can help you make your way into what you want.

Good Luck

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back