Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part Design - Moving parts using the Compass 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD2015

Computer
Jan 21, 2006
US
Hi,

I want to move a solid body to a different location (in this case, I want to move Body.1 in the same location as PartBody).
I'd like to have the blue face of the Solid.1 right on the YZ plane.
I do not want to use the Transformations Features or AxistoAxis tools, but the compass only.
I mean, I'd like to move the geometry using the coordinates of the compass (by "popping up", - if this is the right term - from old to new location).

Thanks a lot!

CAD 2015

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2eb1f618-ced9-4d2c-bc49-1b6fea9f5df8&file=Compass_move_study.CATPart
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I got the answer thru self training.
If somebody would be interested, I am ready to pass on my experience.

CAD 2015

For future reference - we have 3 different versions of Catia that utilize what people know as a "compass" or "robot". It's a good idea to post what version you are using, if you want to ask questions or share data.

Compass movements are performed only on isolated solids. If there's a logical link to some geometry, you use function based transformations.

Thanks Solid7,

I use Catia Version 5-6 Release 2017.

image_xxvkbi.png

Do you have any ideas?

CAD 2015

Thanks Fernando, great demo...….

I may need to do on my job some presentation file; I am not so versatile on Windows, so please excuse my ignorance: how did you get the highlighted pointer on it?

Thanks a lot!
[bigsmile]

CAD 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back