Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Particle Improvement comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irfanabd81

Electrical
Nov 19, 2014
MY
I have been planning to conduct an experiment to compare a particle performance on our CVD chamber between a new and old process. But the problem is that the particle event is random and unpredictable, how do we I determine the optimum sample size for this kind of evaluation

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What do you mean by "particle performance?" IF you know there is a particle performance, then you must already have some measure of it?

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!

Hi IRStuff,

Basically lets say that I have a new process that I am trying to compare its particle performance with my existing process. THe existing process seems to show intermittent particle failure that is very hard to determine its rate. How do I determine whether the sample size that I am using for the comparison is sufficient between the two process. Since even the standard process the failure is quite intermittent.

Surely, you have data on how often you have failures on your current process. This sets the baseline, and you need to have some idea of the confidence level you want in the conclusion. I know it's supposed to involve Chi-square statistics, but I think that the reliability exponential failure rate equation could be used here.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back