Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parts cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX3user

Automotive
Jun 30, 2005
DE
Hi,

Can I clean my parts from unused objects (which are parametrical)?

Example: I have sewed some surfaces to obtain one solid after that I made some other operations but before the sewing I had a lot of surfaces and curves (parametrical) now I want to clean the part so I need to erase unused elements.
Have NX3 a command to delete this elements or other, to delete all elements which are not used as operation with a solid?

Thanks to all.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you right click in the part navigator and make sure that 'Timestamp Order' is unchecked you will end up with several trees (user expressions, reference sets, etc). One of these will be 'Unused Items'. This is a list of entities (curves, sketches, sheet bodies, solid bodies, etc, etc) in your file that theoretically don't contribute to the model. By and large these entities can be deleted. My advice would be to double check these before deleting since on occasion I have found items in the list that serve a necessary function in the model.

Also, in the 'Part Cleanup' utility there is an option to delete unused objects.

I have had mixed results with part cleanup. It does a great job with lines, curves, and points (including the reference geometry that I'd like to keep), but may or may not find sheet and solid bodies that are unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back