Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PARTS LIST QTY? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marpoe9

Mechanical
Oct 17, 2006
US
I am currently using V18. I need to clear the qty off of an item in my parts list. Does anyone know the formula to this problem? I have tried the Non-graphic part formula, and the Ref part formula, but these two still show a qty. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm working on a Solid Edge 'Best Known Method' document for my organization. Here is the section that deals with user defined quantities. Please not this is just a draft and hasn't been checked for accuracy. Also without the screen shots I have in the word version may not be so usefull.

User Defined Quantities in assembly parts lists.

The following example describes how you can change an automatically generated quantity-value “X” into a value “Y” and add the unit “IN” after the value. The same process works for other units such as FT.

Open the related part-file, which needs the value of its quantity changed:
File ? File Properties ? Custom ? under Name select custom and write in “SE_ASSEMBLY_QUANTITY_OVERRIDE” ? under Type select “Number” ? under Value write in 0 (to override the current quantity of the part) ? click on the Add-button

In the same tab select in the Name-box “custom” and type in “SE_ASSEMBLY_QUANTITY_STRING” ? under Type select “Text” ? under Value write in “IN;0” (“IN” for the unit inches and the “0” specifies the amount of the places after the comma) ? click on the Add-button.

Open the assembly file where the part is used.
In the Assembly Pathfinder (assembly-mode):
Select the part ? right mouse-click ? Occurrence Properties ? note the “IN” under the “User-Defined Quantity” and enter the required value “Y” under the “Quantity”-column ? OK

Save the changes and open the draft-file containing the parts list.

Update the parts list and note the changes in the QTY-field

Sorry, just realized I hadn't edited that section yet and had just pasted the 'unit of measure' method.

Hope it's some help.

Hi,

yes that 'old workaround' does the trick; for this:

[...]
In the same tab select in the Name-box “custom” and type in “SE_ASSEMBLY_QUANTITY_STRING” ? under Type select “Text” ? under Value write in “IN;0” (“IN” for the unit inches and the “0” specifies the amount of the places after the comma) ? click on the Add-button.
[...

just enter 1 space ; and 0 and leave it so. You do not need
to enter a new value in 'Occurrence' properties of the
part within the assembly. The parts list will show a 0.
When something other then a space is give it will show as
up as well

BTW: In V19 you are now able to enter a 0 for user quantity
under occurrence props in asm for ant part.

dy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back