Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Parts lists using same assembly on different sheets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrocad

Industrial
Oct 1, 2008
US
I'm having a problem when I have several sheets that use parts lists based on the same assembly. On the main assembly sheet I want the parts list collapsed so I only see subassemblies. However, on other drawing sheets, I want the list expanded so I can see the parts. When I expand the parts list on one of the other sheets, it automatically expands the parts list on my main assembly drawing. A side problem is also created because then my auto bubble feature calls out individual parts instead of the subassembles like I want on the main drawing. Now I work around this by expanding the parts list and making the rows I don't want to see invisible. This doesn't fix my auto bubble problem, because with list expanded, it will only call out individual parts as opposed to subassemblies.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For the assembly drawing, leave it like you have it. For the part drawings, you might try re-inserting the parts list and selecting 'Parts Only' on the pull down. Not sure if it is the fix you need, but it's worth a shot.

Is there a reason you don't use the bom from subassemblies in the other sheets? Show the parts list for each sub next the the drawing views of that sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back