Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parts modified when added to workspace (Creo 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korichnevijgigant

Aerospace
Oct 7, 2009
US
We recently upgraded to Creo 6 and I have been having issues lately with parts that are coming into my workspace

When I add a part from Windchill, and open it, Creo immediately tells me that I have modified the part and I need to check it out, even though I have done absolutely nothing to the part

I am assuming there is something with how our admins set up the system that is causing a change to the parts as they are added to my workspace, like an automatically generated parameter or something that I cant see without the part being opened

Anyone have similiar issues?

Its very very annoying, especially when you have released parts in your model and Creo insists you check out the released parts to save the changes

THIS SIGNATURE IS INTENTIONALLY BLANK

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Often it's because of relations being evaluated; a typical cause is some relation in the relations header that cannot be correctly evaluated until after the feature are, and then the value is out of date.

If the parts are old, there is some bookkeeping changes that PTC made to the models some number of revisions ago to fix certain problems; this upgrades the parts to be compliant with the new bookkeeping.

If you cannot change the order of the relations to put any dependent ones that may exist in the footer or don't want the upgrade, just lock the part in the workspace and ignore the complaints.

Thanks 3DDave

that is probably exactly what is happening, especially since some of these items were created way back in the early wildfire days and our MCAD process and practices are pretty horrendous

THIS SIGNATURE IS INTENTIONALLY BLANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back