Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paste Multiple Feature Instances at Once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Level User

Aerospace
Jun 12, 2019
US
Hello all,
Here is situation. I have a user defined feature that needs a Datum CSYS and a Surface as external references in order to add the UDF to the part file. I am treating these UDF's as there own separate bodies. When I add them to the part file they start at the Datum CSYS and extent to the Surface and morph the surface shape it also uses the surface as construction further define the UDF. This means every instance of the UDF is unique. The current process is: I layout all the Datum CSYS where they need to be. Then I add in a UDF, select One of the Datum CSYS and the Surface and 30sec later I have my solid body. Then I copy and paste the feature and just have to pick a new CSYS each time and hit apply wait 30sec, select another CSYS and hit apply wait 30sec.. and so on and so on.

I would like to find a way to "Paste" these UDFs all in one go. As in Select all the datum CSYS then let it chug and insert all of them one after another.

I tried doing a pattern feature using a general pattern, when I had it do Instances it would make them but it would also instance the parent surface sheet which is not what i want. I need the parent to stay still. Also tried doing the pattern feature but making copies instead it just failed it was like it didnt know how to treat UDF's and left some stuff behind and just failed.

So the question is: Is there a way to pick new parents for all the instances all at once so I don't have to wait for it to load in between pastes. Perhaps even a fancy NXOpen code to help with this?

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back