Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patran BEAM and CAE Solid Modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Structural
May 23, 2002
GB
Its probably a bit of a 'numpty' question, but....

My company has just bought licenses for the 'BEAM' and 'CAE Solid Modeling' utilites for Patran, the problem being I don't know where to find these features within Patran to be able to test if the licenses are working! Are there extra bits of software on the installation disk that need to be installed, or do you just get extra features from the main menus?

Thanks in advance

GJS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How about looking under "Tools" submenu?
I'm not exactly sure - I'm very new to Patran and we got it with most modules enabled from the start. But I do have it under tools -> beam library
Sorry if I'm missing something.

Thanks
Ted

Thanks for the reply - I'm pretty sure the beam library is different, as that's always been available even without the additional licenses. My understanding is the 'BEAM' module is a visualisation tool that allows stresses around a beam element to displayed in a more meaningful way, by plotting the beam stresses on a cylindrical display surface aligned with the beam element itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back