Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Patran: No Result File was selected, No .xdb file created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papanaoum M.

Mechanical
Sep 2, 2016
GR
Hello,
I have a problem with Patran when I try to do the action: Access results (attach xdb ). It appears the message: No Results File was selected and the Results File laryng-modes.xdb for job laryng-modes does not exist. Please select an existing Results File..
From the .f06 file I found this:
14 BEGIN BULK
*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 108 (SCA.MDSolver.Obj.InputFile.InputFile::read)
The input stream data file C:\Users\Fujitsu\Desktop\οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½\laryng\laryng.bdf does not exist.
*** USER WARNING MESSAGE 209 (SCA.MDSolver.Io.AccessAccess.AccessAccess::isEchoSortRequested)
No stream input file has been converted to its binary form using StreamToBinary.
The ECHO data returns will all be false.
*** SYSTEM FATAL MESSAGE 501 (SCA.MDSolver.Io.AccessAccess.AccessDatabase::eek:pen)
Error 1 occured while attempting to open database ./laryng.IFPDAT.
*** SYSTEM FATAL MESSAGE 3001 (IFPDR)
THE INPUT DATA BLOCK NAMED IFPFLAG AT POSITION 1 DOES NOT EXIST.
USER INFORMATION: THIS ERROR IS CAUSED BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. THE DATA BLOCK WAS NEVER CREATED.
2. THE DATA BLOCK WAS DELETED.
3. THE DATA BLOCK IS SPECIFIED ON A TYPE STATEMENT IN THE CURRENT SUBDMAP OR A HIGHER SUBDMAP
BUT THE CURRENT QUALIFIER VALUES DO NOT MATCH

Does anyone know, how can I solve this?
I can attach you the .f06 file or the .bdf file if this help.

Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No XBD file was created as NASTRAN fatal'ed out.

It fatal'ed out because the input file (laryng.bdf) did not exist when it started to read the bulk data section of the i/p file.

Now I'm a bit perplexed with the path to your i/p file (per your f06 echo):

C:\Users\Fujitsu\Desktop\οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½\laryng\laryng.bdf

I don't understand why these jumbled up characters appear. Maybe you could try launching the run from a different path (say C:\scratch\ for example) and report back.

Thank you very much for your response. You were right. The problem was that the path folder was named with Greek characters. When I run it to a folder named with English characters problem was solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back