Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCB Design 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovell

Computer
May 31, 2001
US
I need to move into PCB design and layout. Anyone know of good books on the subject? High speed computer boards.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Printed Ciruits Handbook by Clyde Coombs

Electrical Engineering for the Non-Degreed Engineer by Doug Brooks

High-Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic
by Howard Johnson & Martin Graham

Also I suggest that you go to the website and read the technical papers they have there.

Good Luck.

Steve Smith
Product Engineer
Staco Energy Products Co.

There's a lot of info regarding design rules and ways to approach pc designs on the web. If you do a google search for pcb design. You will get 156,000 pages. I found most of the SMT design rules and how to info there. Most of the lower cost and even Protel has download demo software. I haven't found a book that really tells you how to get a design done with the layout software. Some of the manuals with the software aren't well written. The first response about the books included are all valuable especially the Handbook of Black Magic by Howard Johnson and Martin Graham. The latest version of The Art of Electronics has some comments on pc design. The one piece of advice I will give you is be sure to evaluate pc layout software by actually using it to layout your own board. That is really the best way to find out if it will do the job for you. Most of the software is pretty easy to figure out but they all seem to have functions buried in menus that complicate matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back