Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDM/Works VAULT ERROR 102 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandH

Automotive
Jul 17, 2000
US
Hi all,

We've recently installed PDM/Works 2006 and I am responsbible for getting it up and running. In trying to check-in a drawing and related part, I get the following error:

VAULT ERROR 102:

You have no permissions to change document properties
Failed on check in of (drawing name)
Check In aborted

I have "Allow change document properties" turned on the global settings

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Run the Vault Admin utility (or check with someone who has access to it) and make sure your account has write access to the applicable project.

I am having this same problem. We are just now getting our PDMworks vault going, and one of my users cannot check-in. They also keep getting the ERROR 102.

I am the PDMworks Admin. I know that they do have the proper rights to the project. Plus they are doing a new check-in, so having ownership at this point is not possible. The user is picking the correct project to check-in to.

PLEASE Help....

One thing that I have discovered is that only the users that have been created in PDMworks 2006 get this error. This is not good...

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation to Jakek - I am also the PDM Admin and this is a new check-in.

We are using the following service packs:
CLient Version: PDMWorks 2006 SP2.0 Build 0052
Vault Version: PDMWorks 2006 SP2.0 Build 0052

Thanks again

Here's an update. When I log on as PDMWadmin (this is the default administrator name) it allows me to check in drawings, parts etc - does this give you any other ideas?

I am also waiting for a response from my SolidWorks reseller so if I hear anything I will let you know.

Regards,

Solved the problem myself!

I logged in as VaultAdmin and checked under the Lifecycle Tab. Under the "Control access to document revisions at the selected status as follows" seciton, you have to provide RW access to users. You may not want to give access to all lifecycle stages, I've limited Configuration Control to Administrators.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back