Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDMWorks check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielRo

Nuclear
Feb 22, 2008
CA
Hi,

Our office is using PDMWorks 2006, sp4.0 and for some reason when we check out certain drawings it does not include the associated models.This has never happened in the past. Any comments on this??

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unfortunately not. It says, "Unable to locate the file (models) c:\....., would you like to find it yourself?". It appears to be looking for the models in the users local folder rather than the server. I'm the admin and have not changed any settings.

Thanks for your reply.

Dan,
This happens here when a person works on an assembly, adds parts to the assembly that are not in PDM. Then when they check-in the assembly they do not check in those new added parts.

1. Search all your network drives for the missing parts.
2. You can find out who checked the assembly into PDM and look on their hard drive. If the assembly small enough you can open from PDM “As Built” until you find the person checking in the assembly with parts in question.

Bradley
SolidWorks Pro 2008 x64 SP3.0
PDMWorks Workgroup, Dell XPS Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
3.00 GHz, 5 GB RAM, Virtual memory 12577 MB, nVidia 3400
e-mail is Lotus Notes

Thanks for the reply, however, I don't think this is the crux of the issue because I can see those parts sitting in the PDMWorks server tree i.e. they reside on the server. I'm wondering if vault validate is the solution?

danielro,

How are they checking out the drawings. If they are doing a drag and drop into empty model space then the system will not check out associated models that aren't on the user's local drive. You would actually have to go through the check out dialog screen to get PDM to check out all the required parts.

Joe Hasik, CSWP
SW 08 x64, SP 2.1
Dell T3400
Intel Core2 Quad
Q6700 2.66 GHz
3.93 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

We have had that problem for a long time, and have worked around this problem by Opening the drawings but not taking ownership.

After we open the drawing, I right-click the folder in PDMWorks and take ownership of "Document's children".

As for the "why" in our situation, if someone else owns a particular model, we obviously cannot take ownership of it, so it skips that particular model when copying it to your local drive.

Flores

Dan,
We have Vault Settings “On vault startup” set to Validate vault at Every startup turned on. Then every night at 3:00 a.m. our pdmservice is restarted.

This my help you also, it cannot hurt.

Bradley
SolidWorks Pro 2008 x64 SP3.0
PDMWorks Workgroup, Dell XPS Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
3.00 GHz, 5 GB RAM, Virtual memory 12577 MB, nVidia 3400
e-mail is Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back