Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDMWorks Property Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatwire

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2003
US
I am currently trying to give our purchasing group access to files in the PDMWorks vault. None of the intended users have used SolidWorks, and have no need to access the part/assembly/drawing files. What I would like them to be able to see are the PDF files of signed, released prints that we attach to the drawings. I'm wondering if there is any way that we can just allow them to see PDF files by using the "File Type" property that appears in the PDMWorks window?

If there is another way to achieve what I want, please feel free to let me know. Thanks

flatwire

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Flatwire,
For anyone to see inside the vault they need a license of PDM Works. You may want to save your PDF files outside the vault. Then they could use the PDF view to see drawings.
If they have the license of PDM Works and want to see inside the vault, you can put your PDF files in one Project and hide all the others for them on your computer. Right mouse on Project and click Hide Project.

Bradley

Actually, there is a viewer add-on to PDMWorks that can be used by anyone to see into the vault. We were implementing this in a former company to allow purchasing to view drawings.

Boggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back