Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDMWorks - Select active document in vault tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJJH

Mechanical
Feb 5, 2009
GB
Running 2009SP2.0

A simple request I think. Is it possible to select the active document in the vault tree? Sometimes it seems to automatically do this, other times not. It would be especially useful when working on drawings, as there does not seem to be a "reload" or "get write access" command in the menu

It seems crazy to have to do a search in the vault for the document you have open in front of you, but I find myself regularly doing this

I started down the route of creating a macro to get write access to current document, but got a bit lost. It seems you have to log in to the vault through the macro, so I would not be able to roll this out to all users. However, if there was a command to just select the active document rather than take ownership, I could set up a dummy user in PDM and it would not matter, as the take ownership command would be carried out by the user.

Any ideas / workarounds?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Steve,

Try going to Solidworks WOrkgroup PDM Options.
Then "Vault" tab.
Check the "Show selections In ProjectManager" box.

I think this does what you are looking for. If I check it, and then click on a part or assebembly in my Solidworks feature tree, it will then be highlighted in the PDM Vault tree.

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

I have that checked, it still doesn't seem to do what I'm after. It kind of has an attempt sometimes, but it never works with drawings, which is really what I'm after. Thanks for answering anyway, I seem to be not getting many answers lately :(

Thats interesting, because it seems to work for me. If I open a drawing, then click on the drawing icon in my SW feature tree, it jumps right to it in the PDM tree.

Of course, hearing that PDMWorks is not doing something correctly is not surprising...

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back