Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE Exam - Engagement Form Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillTheThrill

Mechanical
Mar 3, 2010
US
I'm working on filling in all the forms that are required for taking the PE exam in California. I'm thoroughly confused about some of the stuff though. My main concern is Part A of the Engagement Record form where it says "Level of Responsibility," what do I put here? What are acceptable answers?

Also, I worked with 4 PEs (per requirements), however I didn't work with each in a nice linear fashion, I worked with PE 1, then PE 2, then PE 1 again, then PE 3, etc... I'm wondering if for each restart I need to give the PE a new engagement form, or if the "total time worked in months" will let the reviewing folks know I had other engagements during the first start and the last end dates...

Thoughts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I filled out the same forms in 2007 and I honestly don't remember the specifics. I think the engagement record is moreso the jobs/companies rather than the supervisor.

You will probably get better responses over at
good luck.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Pretty good with SolidWorks

Regarding the level of responsibility... this is really resume type stuff.
You want things like:
Analysis of this this type of system. Sized motors/brakes for this or that.

Drafting type experience isn't "qualifying experience", so don't highlight that.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Pretty good with SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back