Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PE Exam Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd97

Structural
May 2, 2006
US
Anyone know how long Illinois takes to get PE Exam results out? It's been six weeks and it's driving me crazy!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's really quite soon. Back in the day, when it was mostly essay questions, I waited until April to find out that I had passed the October test.

I don't recall it taking until April. Usually the policy was that the results would come back so that those who didn't pass had time to re-apply for the spring test...which is usually in April.

I recall that Illinois (continental testing) used to (and perhaps still does) send them out late in February and there is a real rush to get the paper work in for the April testing if you need to take part of it again.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

Qshake;
An acquaintance of mine in Illinois received their PE last year after taking the exam in October. It was the Monday or Tuesday of the second week in January by mail.

The tests are all multiple choice, and grading goes much faster. Also, NCEES sets the policy for scoring, and on their web site they indicate pass/fail notifications are issued about 12 weeks after the exam.

heh - A couple of weeks is probably not humanly possible.

But getting off to a lonely place before slitting open the envelope is a good idea - that way the screams of ecstacy or agony won't be heard.

Only a visual observation is required to determine pass/fail. You don't even need to slit open the envelope. Once the test results are delivered in the mailbox, if you passed in Illinois it is a thin envelope. If you fail, a diagnostic report is supposed to be included, thus increasing the weight and thickness of the envelope.

Wish you good luck. You probably know deep inside you as to how you are going to fare. I have a feeling you will do just fine, or would not be so impatient.

If not feeling confident, remember the following:

1. Failing in PE exam is not end of the world. In fact it happens to majoriy of those taking the test first time than not.

2. Your life does not depend on it.

3. There is always a second chance and beyond.

Yep, a small envelope is what you want. If you pass that is all you will ever know about how well you did. If you fail there will be a lot more information.

I feel good about the test, but I am looking forward to getting the results for bargaining power. I have worked through a company aquisition which left me a little short changed due to new management. This will be my oppurtunity to get some compensation back hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back