Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PE exam - Structural I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I thought the STRM was much better than some of the Kaplan Materials I used the first time I took it. The first time, I was overwhelmed by how little time I had to look up things. I passed the second time by spending more time studying and working problem after problem. I had the 6 min. solutions book and ncees and the STRM. I went through all three books WORKING the problems several times (and carefully watching the time). If nothing else, it gave me the confidence to tackle the test one more time. Incidently, I had plenty of time the second time around because I had become accustomed to having to find things quickly.

The STRM is not a large book, but it covers a lot of material. I thought it was well written compared to some other materials I had tried. I will say that the Civil CRM was much, much bigger and had a lot of basic structural information in it as well.

I agree with cedent. I thought the STRM was a great preparation tool. A good review of all subjects covered on the exam. The bridge section of the manual was my only bridge reference, and I was able to answer several of the exam questions using it alone.

At $150, it's a little expensive, but less expensive then having to retake the exam...

It's a low pass rate because of large subject depth and detail. I believe there was a thread on that exact subject not too long ago.

To each his own, but but I didn't even crack the STRM 3rd ed I had sitting next to me. I guess I need more details and it's more of a generalized book. Plus, didn't you guys notice all of the errata?? Man, it took forever to transpose all the corrections into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back