Peak Hour Future Forecast Trip to Average Daily Traffic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernestrv

Civil/Environmental
May 17, 2016
SA
Hi,

I'm Ernest working for a consultancy firm here in Riyadh. Im working as the road engineer and I'm currently preparing the pavement report for one of our project.

Basically, I only want to have the Average Daily Traffic to create my pavement report. For previous projects, I did not have an issue/problem since I got the ADT information from our subconsultant. But for this project, the client already gave us the TIS report that was done by their sub-consultant. The information given below were the only information that I can extract from the report. Unfortunately our office does not want to prepare nor consult the other sub-consultant regarding this matter.

So I was just wondering if there is an equation to convert the info below to Average Daily Traffic.

What do you think also if I just use the Land Use area to create the Trips? Will it be more justifiable?

Peak Hour Future forecast trip matrix total
Scenario
Housing
AM 2019 PM1880
Housing + Hotel
AM 2289 PM 2237

I'm hoping you can help me regarding this matter.

Regards,
Ernest

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are ways to convert an hourly volume to a daily volume but they are based on site-specifics, which can vary dramatically, so without further information I doubt someone here will give you an accurate conversion rate.

Also, if your results will be used to complete a pavement design you really need to be worrying about ESALs, which means you need to accurately calculate the % of trucks, etc.

Agree with civilman72. You could also look at your Transportation Ministry's (DOT) pavement classifications. They would have standard anticipated traffic volumes for certain classifications of roadways. I'd use the upper end of the that particular roadway classification, say a Class IV Local Road for my traffic loading provided the traffic study's projections did not exceed it. My guess would be that for a 17 acre site, the main entrance roadway would be a higher roadway, say a Minor Collector, than the other roadways within the network, ie Local Roads. As mentioned by civilman72, truck traffic would still be key a factor, so while the volumes might be low the facility could have truck volumes in excess of a residential neighborhood / local road. Those should be reviewed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back