Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peaucellier Lipkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanbouk

Automotive
Aug 26, 2009
GB
For ease, for reference.

Can anybody tell me what comparatives lengths k, m and j should be to get the most possible movement for Q? That is, how would I need to set this up so that a line drawn by movement at point Q can be the longest achievable for the length of parts used?

ie - if m were very small, you wouldn't have much movement, even if j and k were very large. if j were very small, you would have a similar problem.

I'm guessing the diamond formed by the m pieces would be completely squashed one way while the is 'at rest' (centred), and completely squashed the other way when at either of the limits - even though this may not be practical in a real application.

:S

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you google virtual mechanisms, I think you will come up with some inputtable "calculators" that can show you the various movements. Did some mechatronic displays a few years back and I had a website link that was invaluable for the various movements. It's no longer in my favorites, but I'll post it if I can recall the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back