Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PED - Doubt on PED Materials-Annex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qual7Eng

Mechanical
Apr 20, 2014
IN
Recently , I came across a new ASTM casting material which was not listed in the Annex of our PED approval of material manufacturer and client needs the CMTR in conformance with PED 97/23/EC. In that case my understanding was we have to go for EN 10204 3.2 certification for the specified materials, and others listed in PED annex can be supplied with EN 10204 3.1 Certificate. Please check whether my understanding was right. Also advice how it can be resolved.

Thanks for your time.
Rcn

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To use a material under the PED you can use a PMA. Having a certification on the CMTR saying material x complies with the PED is another way.

What I would do is go for a PMA. What PED category is the equipment under? If it's (I guess) cat III or higher, you need to have a notified body sign the PMA.

Note that it is not a PED requirement to have your CMTR stating compliance with the PED, it's just one way of doing things. If your client has a contract in which this is specified, then it's a different thing.

We do steel casting business,9723ec anex 1 4.3 calls fr specific material assessment for ped...but we don't have spwcific material assessment fr material x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back