Ped permission for qualification of welding personnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titirli123

Industrial
Nov 14, 2015
RO
Hi, all!

Does anybody know if PED allows a manufacturer from a country to give permission to another manufacturer from another country to witness the approval of personnel qualification?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure what youre asking (and why). Is it regarding non-destructive testing or welding?
Witnessing of of qualification is not mentioned in the PED, however approval is mentioned; review para 3.1.3. which states that
For pressure equipment, non-destructive tests of permanent joints must be carried out by suitable qualified personnel. For pressure equipment in categories III and IV, the personnel must be approved by a third-party organization recognized by a Member State pursuant to Article 13.

I am asking because I am making the qualification of the welders with a company (no.1), which has the company-mother (no.2) in another country and on the welder certificate it is written that the witnessing company is company-mother (no.2), but the other company (no.1) can make welder qualification "with permission according PED".

I take a look in NANDO and they are not accredited to qualify personnel, but their company-mother is accredited.

You must check the actual regulation of the Member State that you are in, since they are often free to impose more stringent requirements, whilst achieving the same objective of the Directive.

Welding personnel must be witnessed by third party if welding to Cat II, III or IV.
See 3.1.2
For pressure equipment in categories II, III and IV, operating procedures and
personnel must be approved by a competent third party which, at the
manufacturer's discretion, may be:
- a notified body,
- a third-party organization recognized by a Member State as provided
for in Article 13.

Nobody will put their signature to something and approve it without witnessing it.
Good luck finding a NoBo or Third party who will sign off and approve your welders without witnessing (remember witnessing weld tests is a nice little earner for them)
Cheers,
DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back