Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peery answer key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joa38

Apr 29, 2004
US
Do any of you know if there was an answer key published for the first edition Peery Aircraft Structures (1950)? Is this book still used in coursework at US universities? Is the answer key available?

I'm not a student and am going through Peery's book for a personal education to supplement other structures books (Bruhn, Roark, Flabel, etc). I'm hoping that the 1950 Peery is old enough that it isn't used in coursework and the publication of the answer key won't be considered “cheating” per the guidelines of this forum.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Probably. They never teach this stuff anymore anyway, right? Hand calcs, what are those? Are those what you have to do to drop in your FEM nodes? :)

<tongue firmly in cheek, no FEM wars please>

Ok I'll agree there...but back to the original question... anybody happen to have an answer key or know where I can find one?

Thanks folks.

There is a copy of aircraft structures by Peery for sale on eBay item number 250016433729 with about 6 hours to go as of this writing 1-30 am pacific.
B.E.

Thanks for the tip but I have the book, just not the answer key. In fact, I would be happy with answers for just the odd (or even) problems like many textbooks have in their appendix.

almost off topic:

can anyone personally recommend some good reading/reference material for a fledgeling structural designer? maybe something like the 'machinery's handbook' of aircraft structure design? or just aircraft design in general?

i saw a few books that had titles resembling 'aircraft structures for engineering students' etc..they looked like they might be winners, but being textbooks, they were kind of expensive...well, now that i type this, i guess they were no more expensive than, for instance, the machinery's handbook, lol

thanks,

nadam

Well, based on this thread, you've got one recommendation ;-).

The bestwebbuys link shows Amazon claiming a couple of copies selling for about $50.

TTFN

Flabel's looks to be an excellent book; lots of good information with excellent examples. We first started using this book about 6 years ago at work, and it was amazing to me the opposition of our clients to our using it; their unfamiliarity with the book almost demanded that they put up barriers against our using this Flabel book. Personally I found the Flabel book useful, easy to understand, etc.

Yes, definitely. And the course Flabel offers is excellent as well.

If you get a Peery then the general consensus (on the web plus from our company structures DER) is to make sure to get a 1st edition (1950).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back