Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photo-realistic imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1423

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
US
I work for an international company.
We have the ability to transfer an NX bundle license to our location if I need to.
Since we don't have the high quality imaging capability I need to get a license transferred from our home location.

My issue comes when I try to assign a material to a solid body, and I have nothing to choose from.
I am concerned that I don't have that ability because we don't have the license at this location.

How can I import the materials used for high quality imaging into my part ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think not that it should need a license to assign materials, . ?

Can you do a screen dump of the resource bar when you have clicked the "Assign materials button" ?
As i remember it, NX will sometimes not display the materials tab until one clicks that button.
then there should be two tabs where one can select ootb materials.

Regards,
Tomas

You can turn on the 'Visualize Shape' toolbar and select the 'Material/Texture' icon, which will turn on TWO 'Material' tabs on the Resource Bar, without the need for a 'Studio Visualize' license. However, only one of the Material tabs is accessible without the license, and that one is the 'Material Library' tab which generally appears just below the 'Part Navigator' tab. The other 'Materials' tab, the one requiring the license, if further down the Resource Bar and is labeled 'System Materials'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back