Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoview Screen Black - Can't get rid of decal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeyF

Mechanical
Mar 20, 2012
US
After another night of silently cursing under my breath at the dizzying array of annoying Solidworks habits, I finally came to one that is going to result in a visit to the mental hospital...

I was trying to render a view of a control box I am designing. Unsurprisingly, the decal I applied in SW did not transfer to photoview. I am still on Solidworks 2009 so Photoview is still a separate program. I tried copying a decal from the folder it's in to the face I wanted to put it on directly in Photoview. After this my screen is just black. I closed and re-opened it but nope, still black. When I render the image all I get is the decal itself. Just the decal image file as I'd see it in any other program. And now I can't seem to get rid of it. Photoview has decided that I must love the decal SO much that I never want to see anything else. With features like this I just can't tell you how excited I am about dropping the cost of a nice car on a Solidworks upgrade.

Anyway, I have tried changing the appearances, loading a new environment, loading different environment images, unchecking "View Background" and "View Environment" in the Photoview settings, and changing the environment yet again from within Photoview. Nothing works. This should be such a simple freakin' thing to reverse but for whatever reason "usability" and "efficiency" were not deemed necessary for CAD users.

Has Adobe started making CAD software yet?

Anger aside I would really appreciate some help with what SHOULD be - and possibly is - a simple problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back