Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PhotoView360 Colors Different from SWX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updraft

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2007
US
I could not find the answer in either this forum or the SWX Knowledge Base so I am turning to you guys for help with this one.

I have a simple assembly consisting of an aluminum extrusion, 2 bands, and a translucent part. The assembly file is using the component colors instead of overriding them. In SWX the colors are great, but they sure come out differently in PV360 for the extrusion. I gave the extrusion base part an RGB color of 64/64/64 to represent the dark hardcoat. Other features on the extrusion that represent cuts or surfaces that are not hardcoated, i.e., raw aluminum, have an RGB value of 229/234/237. It is only the extrusion coloring that is not behaving in PV360 as everything looks more like the raw alum color. The other parts appear properly in both SWX and the PV360 render. See attached image.

It appears that PV360 is either ignoring just the base part dark color and using the other color OR it could be that both these color settings are being ignored and it is using the color properties for the material (aluminum).

I only use PV360 a couple of times a year so have had little need to dive into it in great detail, but I suspect one of you smart souls can quickly identify the problem and what to do about it. Thanks in advance!!

- - -Updraft

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dan,
I also apply all my appearances at the part level and have done so in this case. As you have indicated, the appearances can be changed in the assembly, but that is not the case here nor in my usual practice.

Chris,
Turning on RealView doesn't really change my situation. RealView is just a prettier version of the non-RealView SWX appearance. The PV360 rendering is still different from what I want.

I looked in the PV settings for something along the lines of "Use SolidWorks Colors", but there isn't anything like that. Also looking from the SWX side: Utilities -> System Options -> Colors or Display, but again am not finding anything that looks plausible.

Normally, I can see this would not be a problem, but in this case I have a part with a colored coating (Hardcoat, but it could be paint) and exposed raw material surfaces. If the part were all the same color then the PV360 render would behave as expected, as it does for the other parts that are homogeneous in color in my assembly.

I am flustered by this.

- - -Updraft
BTW, the video card is approved with a valid driver and am running SWX14 SP1.0, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Lighting & Environments play a major role in color and changes in the color. Try adjusting the scene Illumination, that should help. but could make it darker or brighter varying on what you change.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back