Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

photoworks decal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrlogan

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2006
US
Hello

I have created a dumb solid to represent a piece of equipment and have added a jpeg decal of the actual product to the front and back. I have clicked the show decal in options but now each person that calls up the part must click the show decals as well.

Is there a way to lock the decal to the part so that anyone calling the part up in solidworks can see the part as having the front and back (decal) without knowing they have to modify the options?

I sent the part to the client and he says look I see the jpeg in my detail but when the part comes up there is nothing.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yes thank you. I didn't do that once and it caused a mess. But to view the decal you need to go to VIEW DECAL and turn it on just as if you were viewing a sketch or plane. I was hoping there was a default to keep it on all the time no matter who was uploading it so they wouldn't have to know about the VIEW. that cause me some confusion when I furst came across it. Where did my decal go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back