Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoworks materials are no longer grouped?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico13

Industrial
Jan 28, 2003
US
I'm finally working with 2005. in 2004, when I selected 5 surfaces and applied materials to them, all faces would be listed under one material, editing that material carried over to all of those faces. Now I open the file and each surface has an individual material, making it almost impossible to edit. is there some way to fix that?

"we all come into the world the same way, naked, screaming and covered in blood. If you live right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure why this is happening. it should not be working this way. it should be as it was in 2004.

You could try right clicking and using the "attach to selction" option to consolidate your materials? Might work as a way around the problem but you should really find out what is causing this.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
SW 2005 SP4.0/SW 2006 EV

thanks, I'm going to try that for a work around. I've noticed that it happens to files that were originally done in 2004, and also when I create a new configuration. We do indistrial design, so we're doing multiple color/material schemes all the time.

"we all come into the world the same way, naked, screaming and covered in blood. If you live right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back