Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoworks Toolbar Disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esfr

Structural
Oct 10, 2007
US
My computer was running slow, using SW '07, even after cleanup and defrag, so I downloaded a registry cleaner and after using it my photoworks add-in was screwy, so I restored the registry to its initial state but the problem remains: the photoworks toolbar is gone. I can still access material editor, lights, scenes, etc, either through the render manager tab on the right side of the screen (behind feature manager) or through the task pane tab on the left side of the screen... but I can't get to photoworks 'options' or 'render to file' if I can't access the toolbar.

So, does anybody know if anywhere there is an option to show or hide the photoworks toolbar? I think it should automatically be there if photoworks is an active add-in, but may be, and hope I am, wrong.

Otherwise, any ideas on how to fix the problem? I've already tried renaming the SW registry entry, and thus resetting SW settings, to no avail. Help appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you re-booted since using the registry cleaner?
Which one did you use?

Probably the simplest fix would be to insert the install CD/DVD and do a repair. If that doesn't work a complete, clean re-install may be necessary.

[cheers]

I used "RegCleaner" I believe? I've rebooted and more. But the problem does seem to extend to other add-ins as well, I've definitely checked the photoworks add-in box to make it active, but then when I go back it is unchecked. However, I can actually render photoworks images using the right-click render option in the render manager on the left side of the screen, so photoworks IS actually working, I just can't access the toolbar, which I guess is the only place to find many Photoworks options!

yeah, I didn't know if photoworks was usually an option when you right-click the toolbar, but it's not there for me.

You might want to try to run the SolidWorks Repair from the installation setup.

I need the CDs to do that right? I'm on the east coast, CDs are at my employer's company on the west coast. But I think you're right, I'm going to have to repair and/or reinstall, so I might as well send for them.

Lots of those registry cleaners are a bit too harsh in their default scanning mode. I've had relatively good success with the cleaner in TuneUp Utilities--no major damage, although some quirks now and then. (I rarely read all 236 "fixes" it recommends closely enough to know whether what I'm doing will cause damage or not.)

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

good to know... what i actually used was "registry seeker"? i'll try tuneup utilities.

I've had CCleaner create some minor problems, but that was the last version--they now have CCleaner 2.0 which is probably improved. CCleaner is good for more than just registry cleaning, plus I think it also has a registry defragment utility.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back