Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phsical dynamics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu50

Mechanical
Jun 26, 2003
US
hi all, im having a problem with getting parts in an assembly to move with physical Dynamics. Can anyone tell me what might cause the face of a part oran entire part not be recognized? when i move the components it just goes right through the face, no collision detection at all.

I can take the parts from the assy that i am trying to move, save them into a sub assembly then open separtely it works fine when i re-mate everything. Any thoughts? I dont see settings that can be set to fix this. Could the file me corrupted? thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i tried it both ways, selecting the parts, and do a stop at collision and it works. but the physical dynamics movement, it goes right through the part no matter what i try. I have even put a dummy part in and positioned it where the actual part is, and same results, part goes right through....

I know that pysical dynamic move works, as i have tested in other parts, just not in this case.

I dont think that mates have anything to do with simulation as long the target parts are free to move. which mine are. I got a message saying that since i have a limit mate that controls rotation, it will be left at its initial position. i though that might be messing it up. deleted it, but still no collision and moving of my target parts. thanks for the response!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back