Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PICOSOFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

galanm

Industrial
Nov 22, 2006
US
Can I use AB picosoft programming software with the Eaton EZ500 series? In other words, can I programm the EZ series using Allan Bradley's picosoft software?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

You are joking?

Right?

No, Eaton relays will require EZsoft. There is a basic version available in Eaton website.

Gentlemen,
I appreciate your input. For reference I have just now finished transferring a program from Picosfot into a new Eaton EZ5112-DC-RC. I used the Allen Bradley controller number 1760-L12BWB ser. B and an older Moeller cable that I had sitting around. Darth Vader, glad I could give you a laugh.

Dear Galan,

Can you explain what have you done? 1760-L12WBW is a Pico. Offcourse, you can program it using Picosoft. But where is the Eaton relay coming in?

Rajeev,
I used the Picosoft Free software from Allen Bradley to program an Eaton PLC (Smart relay EZ512 series) using a moeller interface cable; all were compatible. When setting up the program initially, I selected the Allen Bradley equivilent part number and voila! The EZ500 programmed and runs just like the Allen Bradley Pico. There are many different compaanies that use this control but have it silkscreened with their nomenclature, I haven't found any that aren't compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back