Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures from sessions in batch mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

filippo_a

Aerospace
Sep 26, 2018
IT
Hello everyone,

I am working on a project where I am supposed to play Patran sessions in batch mode and save pictures from the project.
The sessions are played properly, and the session file written when playing my specific session seems to be equal to the latter: the image is created and saved, when looking at the session recorded, but actually I can't find it anywhere.

The problem is not present when I run the same session but without batch mode, since it prints the images correctly. Of course I use the commands suggested for dealing with the graphical features when running in batch mode.
The only dufference I can find when running the same session in batch mode and in interactive mode is the lack of these two lines in the recorded session of the former:

Code:
$# Begin Reading RMB Menu definitions
$# Done Reading RMB Menu definitions

Could this be the reason?
Do you have any idea?
If you need more information, just tell me.

Thank you all very much in advance!

Filippo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"RMB" is "Right Mouse Button" so I don't think this is causing any issues. What command are you using to run the Patran session file in batch mode? Also, are you running this script on a Windows PC or Linux Server?

I am running on a Windows PC.
The command I am using is (as suggested by the release guide):

Code:
patran -b -graphics -sfp filename.ses

The strange thing is that the newly recorded session, either in batch and interactive mode, reports the following lines:

Code:
gm_write_image( "PNG", "imagename.png", "Increment", 0., 0., 1., @
  1., 10, "Viewport" )
$# Finished writing IMAGE file[.\imagename.png].

But in the first case there is actually no image anywhere. And the only difference in the two session files is the two lines I mentioned in the question post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back