Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pins on Basic Stamp. Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmengineer

Electrical
Feb 5, 2003
US
OK, not really a circuit engineering problem, but does anyone know where to get the pins Parallax uses on their Basic Stamps. I'm trying make a module that fits into a 40 pin socket. The pins in question solder to the edge of a small PCB to make it function like a DIP chip.

Thanks,

J. B.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Digi-key and Mouser carried those at one time. Don't know if they still do. They had a minimum order quantity of 1000. If they still have them, maybe the quantity requirement is lower now.

jbartos and ElPaisa, I don't think either one of you carefully read the post. He not asking for information about the Parallax product, he is asking where to BUY the pins that Parallax is using in their product.

Clarification: Since the Parallax pin source may be a proprietary item, my suggestion is that the Parallax is contacted and some suitable deal negotiated. This is normal in the business world unless one is an industrial spy.

Actually, they are a common item. I know of a couple of companies that produce them. I have designed them into products in the past. Unfortunately, those companies only sell in high volume. The last time I design them in, we were using a couple of million pieces a year.

One very common source of these pins is Mill-Max. And they are very willing to sample the parts if you're a potential buyer.

I get them through Future Electronics (or their FAI division).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back