Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pipe cost per linear foot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksechler

Mechanical
Sep 9, 2004
US
I'm trying to do some budgeting for next year and need to know what the cost per linear foot of the following is:
3" sch 40 steel
1.5" sch 40 steel
1.5" type L copper
3/4" type L copper

Can anyone help me with a rough number or provide a resource that would provide a statistical model?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I BUY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PIPE FOR A STEEL MILL.THE BEST THING TO DO IS CONTACT A COUPLE OF SUPPLIERS AND HAVE THEM QUOTE YOU PRICES,KEEP IN MIND THAT THE PRICE IS GOING TO CHANGE ACCORDING TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD. WITH THE WAR,STEEL PRICE GOING UP AND THE WEATHER IN THE SOUTH THE PRICE HAS ALREADY GONE UP QUITE A BIT,

K-
The best costs for the simple pipe you mention can best be found by calling a local supplier. But you can also get valid budget numbers from the Means estimating books, which will give you good data on labor costs with locality adjustments as well. If you're in a pinch, find somebody with a McMaster-Carr catalog. Here are some conservative budget numbers for you:
3"x10' ASTM A53 Sch 40 (not seamless)........~$117
1.5"x10' " " " ...........~$33
1.5"x10' Type L ...............................~40
3/4"x10' " ..............................~$17

Keep in mind volume will lower your unit costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back