Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pipe end protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Civil/Environmental
Nov 13, 2000
US
I'm trying to locate someone who makes precast concrete headwalls for storm pipe. I'm not looking for the sloped end treatments. The ones I'm looking for are small diameter (24") headwalls with side wing walls. I want to start using these in me detention pond design to help prevent erosion around the end of the pipe.

I would appreciate a phone number or a manufacturers web page. Also, someone in the Texas area would be a bonus.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can't help you with a supplier in texas, but a suggestion is that if you find they are not redily available, consider cast in place. Design is available in most State Highway Standards books. A version of cast in place and pre cast exist in the MD version also FHWA has these. You may want ot contact a SHA engineer in texas to see where there contractors get them.

Have you tried the local precast products vendors? IMX, the same guys that sell concrete pipe and manholes sell end sections and stuff.

- Dennis Novak
Run fast. Bite hard.

If you are looking for more of a kit design, you can supply pre cut and sewn fabric form concrete mats to be installed with the pipe and then pumped on site. The mat could be provided with filter points to allow for percolation or solid uniform section mat. NEC,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back