Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pipe Stress Engineering by Liang-Chuan Peng (Author), Tsen-Loong Peng (Author) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDermott1711

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2010
SG
Hi Piping Professionals,

I'm wondering whether this "invaluable" book needs new edition considering changes that has applied to ASME B31.3 during these times (first edition, 2009).
(Actually, I haven't opportunity to read this book completely, yet and I considered that book "invaluable" by critic of the others)

Your opinion in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The background, basic code requirements, and the information about supports, equipment types, etc still remains relevant.

The B31.3 hasn't changed dramatically since that time. An update would include mentioning the sustained loads in all support arrangements (what Caesar II calls alternate sustained cases) and the new SIFs from B31J.

But on the whole, yes it's still very valuable and useful. I wouldn't blow it off just because it's from 2009.

The basics are still the basics. If you don't want your old one, I'll have it.

“What I told you was true ... from a certain point of view.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Return of the Jedi"

Thanks RVAmeche and ax1e for your response.

Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back