Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Piping and Tubing Fabrications standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marine/Ocean
May 27, 2007
BR
Hi Friends
This my 1st thread.Iwould appreciate if anyone sned me guide on above subject asap

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to be a little more specific in your post.

If I assume by the forum, this is for offshore work, and the tubing is for structural and piping for pressure, then you may/will encounter:

API RP 1111 - Design, Construction, Operation, and Maintenance of Offshore Hydrocarbon Pipelines
API RP 14C - Recommended Practice for Analysis, Design, Installation, and Testing of Basic Surface Safety Systems for Offshore Production Platforms
API SPEC 5L - Specification for Line Pipe
ASME B31.4 - Pipeline Transportation Systems for Liquid Hydrocarbons and other Liquids
ASME B31.8 - Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping Systems
30 CFR 250 - Oil and Gas and Sulphur Operations in the Outer Continental Shelf
49 CFR 192 - Transportation of Natural and Other Gas by Pipeline–Minimum Federal Safety Standards
49 CFR 195 - Transportation of Hazardous Liquids by Pipeline
DNV RP E305 - On Bottom Stability Design of Submarine Pipelines
NACE MR0175 - Sulfide Stress Cracking Resistant Metallic Materials for Oilfield Equipment

I've never worked North Sea, so don't know what codes are used there.

Also, if you are talking about jacket & subsea structures, then there are a host of others, rather than list them, if you need a listing for subsea structures & appertunences, respond back and I can give you a long, but probably not exhaustive list.

Greg Lamberson, BS, MBA
Consultant - Upstream Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back