Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Piping modeling software

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdq94

Mechanical
Mar 27, 2014
AE
I am going to start working on piping modeling, can someone explain what are the differences between PDS, PDMS, and CADWORX ? In your opinion, which one is the best, widely used and most flexible to learn ? Feel free to recommend any other software. Thank you :D

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Of the ones you mention, I use CadWorx. I've tried several others (not on your list) and they were not up to the task. Since Intergraph bought the product the focus seems to have been on making the stuff in the program work better instead of adding new features. I find the current version very capable. One thing that annoys me is their 3D models (which I can turn and look at from any angle just like a physical thing) does not appear to other software as 3D. I bought Tetris 4D to be able to generate at user-rotatable .pdf and Tetris can't find any 3D elements. When I asked CadWorx about that they said that they use some sort of surrogate for 3D elements. I got lost in the explanation. The fab shop I use has another program (they've never told me what) that Tetris 4D works on so I know the problem isn't Tetris as much as CadWorx.

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering

Law is the common force organized to act as an obstacle of injustice Frédéric Bastiat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back