Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

placement of object for render in Photoworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steinmini

Civil/Environmental
Apr 27, 2010
RS
I'm sure that this was discussed before, but can't find it.

I need to do a render of an object (small assembly) and if I try to use any of the default "Presentation Scenes", my object keeps levitating in space, far from what the nearest surface or ground resides. With the basic and studio scenes the object is touching the "ground" level, if there is any reflection, the surface of the ground reflects back, no problems. I tried everything that came to my mind, but no success. Am I on impossible mission?

(SW2010 SP2.1)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I get it right, that would be some sort of "plane", on the assembly/part level to which I relate the part using the "mate" command or a part that... well, I don't get it quite (sorry)

If I create an additional part that should not be visible on the rendered image, suppressing or just hiding it would still be a part of the assembly. How do I "ground" it? I mean, how do I issue a command to that part or feature to lock it to the surface that doesn't really exist in the background when the Presentation Scene is used? As far as I understand it, the selected scene is just an image that is "wrapped around" the object/part/assembly...

PhotoWorks. I get much better results with less effort and less time spent. Rendering is just the final step for presentation. It doesn't have to be really lifelike, otherwise I'd be looking at some other application like Blender or PovRay...

Photoworks has had an issue with floor height for a while. If you create this Ground part in your assembly and mate it to wherever you want the floor to be you will then have to apply whatever appearance you want to that part to get the image you desire. Generally, I make this part large enough so that I can't see where it begins or ends on the render.

Dan

Dan's Blog

Ah, so it's the same as I did many years ago in 3DS...

Thanks, now it's clear.

I'll test that right away. Anyone cares for a star?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back