Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plate heat exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mech225

Mechanical
Jan 11, 2004
ZA
Please could someone comment on the max. tempareture difference allowed for a plate heat exchanger to cool water successfully? Please could you give me a tempareture range that one could go and utilize such and exchanger? Advantages/disadvantages of plate vs shell and tube and plate vs spiral.

Thanking you

Mech225

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Chemical Engineering , August 11, 1980 shows an article on plate HE that may answer all your queries. It is titled: Consider the plate heat exchanger by Raju and Chand. Suggest you try to find it in a technical library.

Better search for plate heat hexchanger manufacturer, they have software to calc , it are free to download and use.
If you contact me I can send the link wher to get it

Pardal

pardal:

Alfa-Laval used to have an online PHE sizing software but it disappeared (for me at least) in the last "upgrade" of their web-site. Do you know a current link for Alfa-Laval PHE?

Better yet: Why not post those links you mention here?

Best regards

Morten

i dont think giving such information could be called "promoting". I dont know if you work for this company but even so...

Thanks for the info.

Best regards

Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back