Plating plant - phyisical capacity software req'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulpine9

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2004
GB
Hi All
We run 3 different electro-plating process where parts are suspended on 2 different jigs in 3 different size tanks.
We produced small batches but many, many different parts.
We currently use an Excel spreadsheet to calculate how many parts (they can vary from a few mm to around a metre in size with forms) will fit on a jig and therefore the run time per batch etc.
Does anyone know of a commercial software product that will do this as our spread sheet has some, er, qwerks! Around 20% of parts it estimates are way out.
If there isn't a commercial solution I will have to perfect the spreadsheet which may be weeks of work!
thanks
Jon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Perhaps you may consider one of the "discrete simulation" packages out there on the market. Also called "decision analysis & support", "Monte Carlo simulators", etc., if you want to do a keyword search. These packages are used to simulate factory operations to give throughputs, production capacity, and do "what if" analyses to see if a particular design is better than the other or if a change in product schedule will improve things(e.g., if you use a new higher capacity jig or a two of the XYZ machines).

Some examples:
WITNESS SIMUL8
I don't know what it is any more, but I have seen a 3rd party magazine website that did a comparison of all major packages on the market.

TygerDawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back