Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PLC to moniter PH Temperature and humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

russpark

Agricultural
Jan 23, 2011
GB
Hi i was wondering if someone could help me.

I wish to programme a PLC to moniter PH in water, air temperature, air humidity.

Also i would like to be able to create outputs for various things i wish to switch on and off, i wish to switch these on and off using the software.

I am familiar with PLC's and can use Mitsubishi GX and have worked with the Q series, i basicly want advice on wich PLC to buy and the instuuments i would require for the partiqular plc, i understand some instruments will be 4-20mA and have a 4-20mA power supply to set any instruments that are 4-10mA, any advice is welcome..

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would look for the sensors you need first. This may dictate which PLC is required. I used to be an ARGUS dealer. You could buy the sensors from them direct. Their main office is located in B.C. Another place where I have purchased sensors is OMEGA. Some of the sensors there may be a bit cheaper. I am sure there are a lot of other places where you could purchase the sensors you need. A simple google should do it. I would stick with the 4-20mA transmitters. They are easier to calibrate and adjust. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back