Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please enter an Integer between 2 and 256 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

uGlay

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2006
Does anyone know why i get this error message? I was getting it 2008 and now that i upgraded to 2009 i am getting it still.

What worth is this software if i can only make parts with 2 decimal places of precision? Any help is appreciated. Hopefully it's just a computer setting and nothing major.

SW2009 Office Pro SP2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I should have clarified, the angular units can be changed to any number but the Length Unit decimal places cannot. They're stuck at 2.

SW2009 Office Pro SP2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

-I hit M to measure something.
-Click on "units/precision" button on the measure toolbox.
-Click on 'up' arrow of Length Unit Decimal Places.
-Click OK

-Error message appears. "please enter an integer between 2 and 256"

SW2009 Office Pro SP2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

well, i googled but there's nothing.

SW2009 Office Pro SP2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

Perhaps you and Jeff should compare computer specs, software, add-ins, etc, to find commonalities which could be causing that glitch.

Maybe just try resetting the registry first.
faq559-507

i tried all suggestions in this thread (except comparing computers with jeff) and none of them worked.

There is an option to use document units though, so I enabled that instead, then went to tools, options, document properties, units and changed the precision from 2 decimal places to 3 decimal places.

the problem went away. so now i can get whatever precision i like. kinda crappy that i have that glitch though. up until now i never cared enough to look into it but i needed 3 decimal places and finally looked into this.

SW2009 Office Pro SP2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

uGlay, I was having the same problem as you. I installed 2009, and could change the precision with no problems. Then all of a sudden I was getting the error you were getting. Nothing changed with my install.

Your solution worked for me as well. I would have never thought of doing what you did. Thanks for the help.

Glad I could be of help.

SW2009 Office Pro SP2.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back